CPR Section House

CPR Section House

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rock Around The Clock




The very first time I heard a rock and roll song ( not a home made version by Mum and Dad singing and dancing) was on a Juke box in Uncle Van's Diner/Grill . Rock Around the Clock was playing for the few minutes that I was there. I was hooked. It made me want to dance. My parents were in their twenties. Rock and Roll fit their spirits . They always danced when they had a chance. It was a case of break free and enjoy the moment. Thank you Bill Haley and the Comets.

In later years , when Mum worked as a waitress in that same Diner , sold to Myrt by Uncle Van , Mum would buy used records from the 'record man' for a quarter of the cost of new records. Once every couple of weeks , hit tunes came to our house for a whirl.

No comments: